Let’s start with some stats first-
- According to statista, the total number of mobile phone users worldwide expected by 2019 are 5.07 billion out of which 2.71 billion will be smartphone users.
- 3.81 billion people are active internet users on Mobile.
- Estimated global mobile app revenue was $58 billion in 2016. This number is predicted to reach $77 billion in 2017.
- 149.3 billion mobile app downloads worldwide in 2016. It si expected to grow to 197 billion in by 2017 and 352.9 billion by 2021.
- Mobile devices excluding tablets accounted for 49.73 percent of web page views worldwide
These stats are a clear indication of where the digital audience is moving and mobile is without any doubt the best platform to reach to them easily.
No doubt fantasy sports is a big business in the USA and is the most trusted horse to bet on, in the gaming industry, especially the European region. In order to further enhance the reach of this industry, it makes complete sense for existing fantasy sports businesses to go for fantasy sports mobile app development. The above figures give an assurance to the fact that the mobile first approach makes complete sense for fantasy sports start-ups and other businesses planning their entry in this space.
In the last few months, fantasy sports industry has seen some strategic realignments by major stakeholders that confirm the mobile-focused approach of businesses and investors. To quote a few:
- WinView Inc, which is the leading second screen sports prediction platform in the USA announced a 12 Million Series B funding from global investors like Ted Leonsis’ Monumental Sports & Entertainment, Graham Holdings Company, Discovery Communications, and LionTree Partners. The app is available on both iOS and Android.
- European bookmaking giant Paddy Power Betfair confirms its entry in fantasy sports markets by investing $19 Million in acquiring DRAFT, which is a daily fantasy sports mobile app.
- Hypsports, a Florida-based start-up that brings eSports and fantasy games together have launched their iOS and Android app in the month of June this year. The company started in April 2016 and has raised $2.5 million through fan fund.
These and much more are clear indicators that future of fantasy sports industry lies in mobile apps and mobile-friendly platforms. If you are also planning a fantasy sports mobile initiative for your business, then you are moving in the right direction.
We can help you with your mobile plans. Techracers is a team of fantasy sports mobile application developers who have expertise in native mobile app development as well as hybrid cross-platform app development. More than 6 years of iGaming experience and our work in some of the most complex yet engaging fantasy sports application development is what differentiates us from the rest in this space.
Latest posts by Techracers (see all)
- Techracers signed an MoU with IET, DAVV, Indore: Will Offer Strategic Guidance and Technical Resources - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger Fabric Cluster with Kubernetes - September 18, 2018
- ERC20 Tokens on HyperLedger - September 15, 2018