Have you ever analyzed how much time do you spend online? According to a study, an average person spends more than five years of their lives on social media. That’s a lot. While people are continuously following the trend and are increasing this time, even more, it’s an opportunity for companies and businesses to get to their customers online with the help of .social media optimization.
From a business perspective, there’s a huge difference between being present on social media and actually utilizing the power of social media optimization. It’s not a rocket science to create profiles but the power lies in making them useful for generating business and improving branding. Social media optimization ensures increasing the value of a business site by using social media platforms, blogging websites, online communities, message boards etc.
Social media optimization is a technique that makes the best use of online networks to create links to a website and get more visibility through channels like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. Here are six ways in which social media optimization can help businesses in gaining profit.
- Driving valuable traffic: Social media marketing represents itself as an economic as well as effective opportunity if operated correctly. Other than generating traffic solely from SEO, social media optimization generates profitable links thereby, increasing traffic from additional resources.
- Focusing on targeted groups: Social media optimization allows you to target your content and data to specific communities and groups. The people in these online groups are more authentic and genuine as compared to the overall audience. You can pick the most suitable areas and goals if your campaigns and target them towards these specific user groups on social media
- Providing viral reach: Social media marketing provides users with the feature to find details about you or gather information about you via social websites. This enables them to share the content with their friends, family or business connections via these easily accessible social channels. The process is similar to ‘word of mouth’ sharing with the only difference that here, the channel for sharing and spreading information are the social platforms.
- Increasing pertinent links: Search engines have a desirable acceptance for links acquired by the organic methods of social posting, bookmarking and sharing included in social media optimization. Being considered as reputable sources for links and useful information, social media manages to provide links that feature highly in search engine rankings.
- Information sharing: Social media channels are seamless to use and are accessible by almost all the people who use smartphones. Information shared on these channels is easy to share whether it is in the form of blogs, posts, articles, images or videos.
- Community creation: People who share common interests are more likely to be found on communities or groups created on social media. The name of the group or community is often based on their topic of interests. Be it posting in forums or sharing pictures, being a part of a group of community allows you to uniquely identify your brand amongst masses that share interests in your domain.
Techracers is a web and mobile development IT company providing a wide array of services in industries including fantasy sports, startups, healthcare and digital marketing. With a team comprised of industry experts in the fields of development, social media, and brand strategy we have been involved as technology partners with various businesses ranging from startups to enterprises.
Latest posts by Techracers (see all)
- Techracers signed an MoU with IET, DAVV, Indore: Will Offer Strategic Guidance and Technical Resources - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger Fabric Cluster with Kubernetes - September 18, 2018
- ERC20 Tokens on HyperLedger - September 15, 2018